Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I am BACK – I want to LEAP


It’s been a long long time since I wrote a post, partly due to my long vacation and its preparation but mainly because of my laziness. Thought of writing about many things but as usual postponed every time, and here I am at a point unable to decide on what to write. I have been in this situation last year as well, but since it was the first time I did not feel that bad as I am feeling now. I am really worried now about my negligence towards my blog as it really crossed all the limits and I hope this is the last time.

There is a saying in our area Aandhrulu Aarambha soorulu(ఆంధ్రులు ఆరంభశూరులు) which means the people of Andhra are very good starters but bad finishers. This seems to be very true in the case of my blog. When I came across this quote, I decided to post something today. One more reason for posting today is the date, Feb 29, which comes once in 4 years only and felt I need to give importance to this particular day. Being categorized as an introvert, I generally keep my thoughts about my life and my dreams to myself, but this time I decided to portray them through this blog.

Coming to the topic, I was unable to prioritize among the ideas I wanted to post and most of them are half finished. Hence just thought of posting something about how I felt, what I did during this period and outline some of the future posts. “Something is better than Nothing.”


I went to India for a long vacation and the preparation & shopping has cleared some of my misconceptions about e-shopping and I wanted to write a post on that. I also wanted to write about how credit card has made me broke a practice I followed from long time. When I was in college, Thanks to one of my friends (Gopi Tungala) mentioned that he never spends till he has the money in his hands. I got really inspired and followed that from that day till now. But for the first time my spending was more than the amount I had in my bank account. Even though it was a small amount a practice was broken and don’t want to repeat that again.

I had a very good vacation in India and wanted to share many of those things when I came back, but couldn’t clearly articulate my feelings. Felt I need more time to put my thoughts in writing. One of the good things I did during this period was reading Novels. While coming from India I got the novels of Chetan Bhagat, and I am not sure if he is making India read like never before, But he made me read like I had read never before, 4 novels in a week. I remembered my college days and the passion of reading.

Apart from the failure of Jan Lokpal Bill to pass and Anna's movement, I wanted to write about two unbelievable things happened in 2011 which highlights the current state of Agriculture and Sports in India. One is the Crop Holiday observed in the so called Granary of the South (Andhra Pradesh). Coming from a village background I was really shocked by this decision from farmers, and the response of the government on this. And second one is the fate of world cup winning women’s Kabaddi team. During my visit, I was able to see the kabaddi matches in my village and the importance they give at local level. But when it comes to International level nothing else except cricket counts. More on these in next posts…

Before I close, an interesting fact about the leap year. As a child, I wondered why it is called a leap year though it has an extra day. Thanks to google, I found out today that the day leaps by two in a leap year than the previous year. For example, Dec 25th 2010, Christmas day is Saturday and in 2011 its Sunday one day more than previous year, but in Leap year 2012 it’s Tuesday instead of Monday. Nice finding for the day…
 
This time I want to take a LEAP on this leap day for the whole leap year till the next leap day. Hopefully I will keep leaping …

PS: Check my previous blog post similar to this @ Blogging Ideas of an Agile Mind - Lazy mind rather

1 comment:

  1. BalaBhai..You already had a post on similar lines and topic which was way better than this one…
    Please take this as constructive criticism.

    ReplyDelete